What Are Fitness Goals?

 

Fitness Goals

As you age, your our bodies to be more flexible and capable of doing stuff that was a pipe dream. But as soon as this happens, our brains become disinterested in trying new things and lose interest in the things we’ve always been able to do before we started doing them. 

You may also find yourself becoming less confident as time passes due to some of these changes in perception. You also might gain weight as your body ages. Your body is still changing, growing, and evolving and yet your mindset should not change with it. The older I get, the more I realize how much I need to focus on myself, my goals for physical fitness and well-being. 

So what are fitness goals? Well, my answers are pretty simple. They’re a way to help motivate me in certain aspects of life like exercise, keeping busy, or just wanting to look good on social media and keep up with some other people. This blog post will break down the reasons behind why I believe they’re important along with two different types of fitness goals.

1. Workout 

– Even though working out can seem overwhelming, if done properly there are so many benefits I’ve found myself using them for. First off, we aren’t our original purpose as human beings so there are no right or wrongs for us. We all deserve an excellent workout. Working out allows me to stay fit because it keeps my mind sharp enough to make the best decisions when I have to make one. 

Also, there are very few things that you really need to know about exercise. It’s something you can do anywhere, anytime. Some folks think they have it bad but honestly, a lot is the same as a day of yoga at the gym. There are so many benefits of exercise. Getting active boosts your mood, gets rid of stress, gives you energy, improves sleep, strengthens muscles, reduces anxiety, relieves pain, and improves your sleep cycle. If you don’t give up or drop out when you want to, you’ll be making progress in your life. Not to mention everyone’s life is different so I don’t even have to go to a gym every time my favorite band comes back. That’s crazy enough and not good for me, but I like where I stand now.

2. Healthy Life Habit 

No matter how much money you make, you need food to thrive. When I wanted to increase my income after I graduated from college, I thought “what the hell am I supposed to do?” I mean how were you supposed to live all over the world earning three figures an hour while not having access to great affordable food while traveling and living the lives you chose to for years? My answer is simple, put a stop to the unhealthy diet culture. In order for anyone who needs to make a big decision like getting married, buying a house, or starting an LLC, they need to decide on a healthy lifestyle. 

Fitness Goals

The first step towards achieving your ideal life habit is by learning how to be self-sufficient. Self-sufficiency is taking care of yourself by providing your own nutrition, shelter, clothing, and money for medical bills and insurance. The next thing I want students (myself included) to know is that it takes a toll on the body when you aren’t doing everything that you can. The biggest misconception about eating organic foods is that it will make you feel better. However, many studies show that eating organic doesn’t actually benefit the person who eats it. 

According to research, diets are actually bad for the environment as they cause deforestation by cutting down trees to use as fuel, which has caused habitat destruction and the wildlife population has dropped drastically since industrialization. By learning how to buy the best from all of the places I shop for my clothes, I am making sure that there aren’t many unhealthy products in my closet.

3. Better Health 

One of the main reasons I love exercising on top of being able to work out is that I work out every single day. Most days I make it a point to work out for at least 10–15 minutes once a week. For me, it's actually more than that because without it I wouldn't be able to function well in the daily grind. 

Having average cardio of between 60–80 minutes a day means that I'm able to maintain a moderate amount of exercise and still make it through the rest of my job. While I was working out last month I was told that by going to the gym regularly I could reduce my risk of heart disease and high blood pressure. Now you may think “why would you even bother?” and I'll tell you why. Because according to science these health concerns are real. Cardiovascular diseases are the number one cause of death in the United States and there are many ways that poor cardiovascular health can lead to heart attack and stroke. High blood pressure is another problem that causes people to suffer. Studies show that people who take medication consistently have lower levels of blood pressure.

Fitness Goals

Overall, I encourage everyone to strive toward their goals and I hope this article encourages others to get off the couch and start living!

Post a Comment

0 Comments